A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Question

I honestly had every intention of being fast asleep by now. Finishing up my move has almost done me in. If it were not for the help of angelic others, who have most likely worn themselves out as well, I wouldn't be as far done as I am. BUt I'm probably 97% done...but am left with some leg/knee pain so I can't sleep until the pain med kicks in.

I have been re-reading some of my favorite books the last couple of months. Tonight I found myself cracking open Oriah's "The Call". In it, she asks a question that when I first read it about 3 years ago, it totally opened my mind to a new possibility in how to live my life and it became a path I chose.

She states,
"What if the question is not why am I so infrequently the person I really want to be, but why do I so infrequently want to be the person I really am?"

And so it was. I began to live and make choices out of a different place...no more trying to change myself. Attempting to choose from who I really was instead of who I thought I wanted to be or should be or could be.

It's beautiful.......

No comments: