A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Monday, November 24, 2008

Have Patience

"Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like the locked rooms and like the books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot be given to your because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At the present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day." Rainer Maria Rilke

Commentary:
I have such an active, powerful, logical mind which has been both my salvation and my undoing. The longer I live the more I realize that it is my heart and my intuition that lead to the ultimate truth. My mind picks apart and analyzes. Plans and draws lines.

My path this summer was to "Be Love", and now to "Live no more than one month at a time in my mind". And act on the new belief that that I could have both my sovereignty AND a relationship......So all that is up for me now..learning to walk my talk...learning not to think too much, learning more about myself through love. It's a challenge. It's a blessing.

No comments: