A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Survival International

A part of me is just waiting to be of service outside of this part of the world, and with many amazing great causes, it's hard to choose. I've learned from experience that this process is not intellectual and that true callings come as what I call a "BONK"....it happens to you and you can't not be changed and do something.

Life has allowed me the freedom to finish up my certification as a CASA in the new year, which will be a small thing I can do locally, then last night I ran into this new CD which is a compilation with profits going to an organization call "Survival International". They raise money to support the rights and costs of allowing indigenous people the right and ability to live on their ancient, sacred land.

If you want to know more about their cause you can go to their website

If, during the holiday season, you feel you want to purchase a gift for me, please donate to Survival International in lieu of buying me something.

Here's a short look at the project from Jason Mraz and Brett Dennen's song for the project.

No comments: