A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mmmmmmmm

The last couple of evenings have been literally heavenly...except that I have not gone to the gym as I planned, but in support of myself I will say that I think I will benefit more from the quiet and the grounding I have received. I have read and written, but the best part has been being outside. I LOVE being outside and it is so nice to have it warm and dry enough to do it without suffering.

My backyard is on the north side of the house, so this strong southern wind only plays with my hair a little and brushes my cheek. I have been able to sit in the hot tub, warm and safe under the water and watch nature play with all of her many inhabitants. I am witness to the large trees waving warmly at me, their high brances dancing and playing amongst themselves. I feel among friends. I am amazed at the speed with which the clouds are passing...like a freeway of foam, small breaks allowing the pregnant moon to play peek a boo with me. She is so bright that it causes a small flash in the sky when she sppears. It makes me feel so alive. It's like I'm in the middle of a giant melodrama, but only an observer, turning the pages of a well-written play.

Thank you...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love the trees, too~ aren't they like the green angels all around us? So loving, so patient~ only giving, giving, giving.