A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Friday, January 16, 2009

Letting Go Hurts...and it seems there has been so much of it

I am in the garage sorting through what is mostly left over and excess from downsizing over the last 4 years. I had to stop for a moment and come in the house and breathe. I am surprised how difficult it is and how I feel physical pain in my chest doing it. I have given so much away already and don't miss any of it, and so I expected that since I knew the truth of the process, this last small bit would be easier this time. Sadly, I'm finding not so. Much of it I have carried around, allowing it to sit in piles in garages and closets. Thankfully, my new home does not allow me to continue the clutter. I have made numerous trips to Goodwill and Deseret Industries and given away lots of furniture to friends and strangers. That part feels good...now if only there was someone standing at my door with arms open for what remains....

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hooray for knowing that it is going to be better to let it go than keep the old stuff... I always think of letting go as simultaneously making room for the new... Keep up the good work!