A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Better Than a Snickers? Really!!!



My new morning breakfast has been an experiment in Green Smoothies, which are all the rage for health conscious people. Each morning is a grand experiment and I'm always shocked how AMAZING they taste considering that it is at least 50% kale and spinach or chard. It's the time of the month when I crave sweet and heavy food, so this morning I thought rather than the typical fruit and greens I'd see what I could concoct in the way of chocolate.

I had to take a picture because I'm as shocked as anyone that this bright green thing tastes like a chocolate shake. I used about 4 cups of spinach, water, ice, about 5 kale leaves and 3 dates and about 2-3 T. raw Cacao powder and about a T. of agave nectar. If you haven't heard of Cacao, it is the healthy part of the cocoa bean they use to make chocolate and it is raw rather than cooked or processed like cocoa powder and it is full of antioxidants and minerals. So, you can have your chocolate and get health benefits too...

No comments: