A Bite of Wisdom

"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
Rilke

Thursday, July 31, 2008

4 Qualities for Real Magic

I was recently re-reading the Book "Real Magic" by Wayne Dyer and I thought I would share with you what he calls the 4 Qualities for real magic in relationship.

The first quality is:

RELINQUISH YOUR NEED TO BE RIGHT

Here are some thoughts from him on that. He offers the reminder that our children need to be guided, not made wrong. So, perhaps consider how you speak to your children.

He suggests that if we want to witness miracles, to simply let go of the need to be right for a few days. Just listen to others and watch how things go differently both in your own life and in your relationships.

The second quality is:

ALLOW SPACE

He encourages letting there be space in your togetherness and to treat that space as sacred, not a threat. He says that the more space you allow, ironically the more the relationship will flourish.

The third quality is:

ELIMINATE THE IDEA OF OWNERSHIP

He says to seek time to enjoy each other , not possess each other. And reminds us that we do not have the right to tell people what they ought to be doing while they are here on earth. He states you do not have a real relationship if either partner feels owned or like a possession.

The forth quality (and the one I found most fascinating and difficult) is:

KNOW THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO UNDERSTAND

He says you do not have to understand why someone else would want to do and think the way they do and offers the suggested mantras of, "I do not understand and it is fine" or "I don't think that way, but they do. I love them not because they are like me, but because they provide me with what I am not. I honor that part of them than is incomprehensible to me."

I had a little miracle yesterday as the result of practicing these principles. I will share a quote on miracles.

"Where there is great love there are always miracles. Miracles rest no so much upon faces or voices or healing powers coming to us from afar, but on our perceptions being made finer, so that for a moment our eyes can see and our ears can hear what is there about us always." Willa Carter

Enjoy the sunshine today! Namaste

No comments: